Monday, March 26, 2012

Back to Dubai

I'll be posting from Dubai for the next month; flying out tonight and coming back on April 25.

We're hoping to catch up with a good friend from our first period in Dubai, way back between 1977 and 84, who's in town for a couple of days.

Apart from that I'm looking forward to real Indian food, rather than the Europeanised version we usually get here, some half-decent Mexican food and in particular my favourite Lebanese food.  All fantastic and compared with Oz as cheap as chips.

6 comments:

James O'Hearn said...

It's true... Casa Maria Bonita makes some fine tacos and non-alcoholic margaritas.

I don't know how I will get by not having decent shawarmas, manakeesh, hummous, or even dosas, idlies, and vadas.

Alexander McNabb said...

Ha! Ya couldn't stay away!

Don't forget to buy Olives while you're here! :):):)

Seabee said...

Top of my shopping list, Alex :-)

Seabee said...

James, non-alcoholic margaritas - the end of civilisation as we know it!

Anonymous said...

any different perspective on dubai-now that you,ve left?

Seabee said...

Anon@8.58, no, the perspective's the same. Just a bit less frustrating as a visitor than as a resident, knowing that I'm leaving again soon.