Monday, August 15, 2011

Welcome, welcome, welcome

I see from StatCounter that a lot of people are coming here from my now defunct 'Life in Dubai' blog. Thanks for taking the time to do that and welcome to 'Life in Oz'.

We only arrived back in Oz yesterday, I turned on the computer really only to update my virus protection but I had a quick look here to see what was happening. I haven't had a chance yet to do any tracking back to see who the visitors are...some old friends are there I hope.

A quick update for anyone who may be interested - a good non-stop flight on Emirates, although because strong tail winds were going to push us along the departure was delayed for about 45 minutes. (Sydney International has a night time curfew to give residents some noise-free sleep). Even so we arrived early and had to fly around in a holding pattern until the airport opened.

It was about 13C and bucketing down with rain.

Now adjusting to the six hour time difference is the main focus. Going to bed at midnight when the body thinks it's only six in the evening takes a few days to sort itself out.

The container with our belongings was due to be delivered to us at seven this morning. I knew it was all too good to be true - they called to say the truck had broken down. The clutch has gone, they say, so it has to be towed back to base, the container reloaded onto another truck...tomorrow is the new promise.

It's a cool day with a blue sky, a few clouds, sunny, clear air with no sand or cement dust in it -

3 comments:

Larsson Norrman said...

Thanks for the Life In Dubai blogg ... having reverted back to my motherland last year, it has been an welcome source of what we are not missing :) Good luck in Oz !

Wolverine said...

Hi! I've been following your blog "Life in Dubai" 2 years ago. I used to work there before the global finacial crisis and now we've migrated in Australia. We've just arrived last January. I'm now following this blog and it's been my habit to check your blog daily. Good luck!

Seabee said...

I'm pleased to see you here and thanks for the comments, they're appreciated.