Sunday, January 09, 2011

Coming home

Been living in Dubai for the past five years which is why there aren't too many posts on here.

I'm actually a very regular blogger but it's nearly all, almost 1200 posts I was surprised to see, been on my Dubai blog, Life in Dubai.

But it's time now to come home so I'll soon be annoying people here on 'Life in Australia' instead of on my Dubai blog.

It'll take a little while to get the move completed. Mrs Seabee has to stay long enough for an orderly handover at her company, we have the car to sell and the apartment in Dubai Marina to sell or lease.

And there's the bureaucracy to battle with. Cancelling electricity & water, telephone & internet, the e-tag for road tolls, the e-gate card which allows us to bypass Immigration queues at the airport. I'm not sure if we have to cancel our Emirates ID card, so I'll have to check that.

Not forgetting the cancelling of visas and getting the deposits back - about $3000. That'll be fun.

I'll be back in Terrigal for February to get work done around the house. It's been leased out for five years so it needs a bit of work to bring it up to scratch before we get back permanently. Then back to Dubai the first week of March.

So for a while I guess I'll be active in the two blogospheres

No comments: